For travelling ministries, or individuals who need a licence in more than one location.
The Mobile Copyright Licence is the same as the Church Copyright Licence, except:
- The right to record the worship service is not included.
- The Mobile Copyright Licensee must retain sole possession of all copies made under the licence.
- The size category chosen for the licence is chosen based on the expected maximum congregational size in the year which will benefit as a result of the Mobile Copyright Licence (with the Church Copyright Licence the size category chosen is based on the total attendees).
- In taking out a Mobile Copyright Licence, the individual or organisation agrees to distribute a Church Copyright Licence application to an appropriate representative at each location where the Mobile Copyright Licence is used.
Here is a summary of what you have the freedom to do as a Mobile Copyright Licence Holder:
- Create overhead transparencies, slides, or use any other format where songs are visually projected, such as computer graphics and projection.
- Print songs and hymns in bulletins, programs, liturgies and songsheets.
- Create your own customised songbooks or hymnals.
- Arrange, print and copy your own arrangements, vocal and instrumental, of songs where no published version is available.
The quantity of copies allowed should not exceed the maximum number of your “Church size” category.
What’s the Cost?
The annual fee for a Mobile Church Copyright Licence is determined by the expected maximum congregational size in the year.
These prices will be effective on April 1, 2017
|Sign me up!|
Royalties from Licence fees are distributed to the song composers and publishers fairly, based upon the copy reporting done by churches.
The Mobile Copyright Licence does NOT allow you to:
- Photocopy or duplicate octavos, cantatas, musicals, handbell music, keyboard arrangements, vocal scores, orchestrations or other instrumental works.
- Translate songs from English into another language. This can only be done with the approval of the respective publisher.
- Rent, sell or lend copies made under the Licence to groups outside the church or to other churches.
- Assign or transfer the Licence to another church or group without CCLI’s approval.
This is an annual Licence. All terms are in effect only when the Licence is active. If the Licence is not renewed all rights are terminated effective on the expiration date.